In this article…
- We show you how to add lasting ceramic protection the easy way
- See how much product to use and where to use it
- Learn the whole process, including how to get your vehicle prepared
The benefits of ceramic protection:
- Stops contaminants from making contact with your surfaces
- Installs a hydrophobic, Si02 layer that actively repels grime and water
- Makes your vehicle easier to clean next time
- Simply keeps surfaces looking better for longer
Easy ceramic protection… instantly
Maintenance washes are particularly important at this time of year, as is adding (or simply topping up) your protection layers. At no other time does your vehicle have to stand up to such harsh contaminants on the roads – and all that’s without the gritters being out, too!
The answer is simple; Si02 coatings offers durable protection on a molecular level, bonding to surfaces and creating a super-hard, glass-like layer. But, how can you install all this ceramic protection during your regular maintenance routine? Well, as we’ve always prided ourselves on developing the most user-friendly products out there – here’s one of the quickest and simplest for your regular winter regime.
Auto Finesse Aqua Coat Hydrophobic Rinse Aid has been through the rigger when it comes to research and development. We’ve refined and refined until we’ve found the ultimate in hydrophobic performance. Adding a protective layer of Si02 in the process, the rinse aid is considered an additional step to the usual detailing process, but an essential one at that.
The formula takes water-repellency and beading to a whole new level and offers longevity from those results. And, it’s the easiest product to use, taking no time at all, so there’s no excuse not to have it in your detailer kit. Aqua Coat will actively repel water and grime as soon as it hits your vehicle, not only keeping your ride looking better for longer, but making it far easier to clean on the next wash.
To apply, simply start your detailing process with Citrus Power Bug and Grime Remover, as well as a good Avalanche snow foam all over. Once jet washed off to loosen any loose debris, it’s time for your contact wash using Lather Car Shampoo and the two-bucket method. Jet wash the car again to remove dirt and any soap suds left on the vehicle.
While the vehicle is wet, this is the prime time to use Aqua Coat. Apply a light mist over the entire vehicle, including any trims or surfaces, making sure the entire vehicle is lightly covered and rinse off thoroughly (working from the top of the vehicle down).
Our bubblegum-scented Aqua Coat does not require any curing time to work. If it has dried on the car, you can buff out any residue or spotting left using our all-in-one polish Tripple. This is where you’ll see immediately Aqua Coat working its magic, resulting in an impressive show of beading. Dry the vehicle straight away to avoid Aqua Coat drying onto the surface. You can expect these hard-hitting results to last around 2-3 months.
AF Top Tips:
- Don’t over-apply – less is more and it’s just a waste of product.
- Always apply following a contact wash. After using Lather shampoo, rinse the car off and leave it wet ready for an application of Aqua Coat.
- Don’t apply to a hot car or in direct sunlight.
- Don’t allow Aqua Coat to dry on the vehicle.
- If streaking or spotting occurs, polish and buff out using our Tripple all in-one-polish.
Auto Finesse Aqua Coat Hydrophobic Rinse Aid is available to purchase in 250ml, 500ml, 1-litre and 5-litre bottles starting at £7.96. These can be purchased via our online store here, any Halfords or at our very own Detailing Academy over in Bishop's Stortford.